On May 2, 2007, at 7:00 , Claus Reinke wrote:

my question. similarly for the unix dependency - it could be inherent in the
design, or an accident of the author's current platform.

The Haskell libraries don't currently provide a platform-independent way to do most file tests. I discovered this while working on the file test operators in Pugs: aside from some very basic tests, everything interesting requires the POSIX hierarchy (hence the unix package).

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED] system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED] electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon university KF8NH