On 03/05/07, Thomas Schilling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I once used this perl script to determine the files I was actually
used (to have proper LOC stats).  It uses ghc -M which usually
outputs the dependencies as makefile targets, and then grep over this
to get all the .hs files.  If you have different file types you might
want to modify this:

Sorry, maybe I didn't express myself properly. By dependencies I
meant, library packages that GHC knows about.

For example, if I load something simple like

import System.Posix.Files
main = touchFile "example"

into GHCi and execute ":main" it prints

But if I try the same by compiling with a ./Setup build (ie cabal) the
build system complains that it "could not find X, it is a member of
unix".

My problem is that the only way I can get from a template cabal file
to a fully working one is by iteration - add dependency to
"Build-depends", recompile, fail, repeat.

It's obvious GHC knows how to find all the right dependencies. It does
it in GHCi. It can even be done from the command line with "--make".
But can I get it to *tell* me the information that cabal needs?

Cheers,

Dougal.