On May 28, 2007, at 5:49 , Andrew Coppin wrote:

not a big goal (although I don't suppose you go out of your way to make it *hard*). GHC is designed to be good at being GHC, rather than good at being a collection of flexible, reusable Haskell processing libraries.

Enh.  That's no reason not to *try* to be.

I didn't see any way to access facilities other than compilation/ evaluation. (E.g., what type does this have, or please desugar this.) But then, I didn't look very hard.

You might want to look at Shim (http://shim.haskellco.de/trac/) --- it uses GHC-API to do things like asking for the type of arbitrary variables or expressions.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]