On 6/12/07, Andrew Coppin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Based on the sample output, I'm guessing that the desired output is
"every tree which, when flattened, gives a permutation of a non-empty
subset of the supplied list".  This limits the output to trees with up
to "n" leaves.

Branch (Branch (Leaf 1) (Leaf 3)) (Leaf 1),

If I'm guessing the desired output correctly, this must be a typo?

I'd be tempted to solve the "list-only" problem first (generate all
"sub-permutations" of a list), then solve the tree problem (generate
all "un-flattenings" of a list).

Colin DeVilbiss