Marc Weber wrote:
On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 09:15:12PM +0100, Andrew Coppin wrote:
Greetings.

Is there a standard library function anywhere which will parse a string into some kind of date/time representation? And, further, is there some function that will tell me how many seconds elapsed between two such times?
I know about Data.Time.*
and System.Time ( tdSec . diffClockTimes )

For parsing there is the library written by bringert:
http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~bringert/darcs/parsedate/

I don't know wether it is in the library index on the haskell.org.
If not we should add it. I was'nt able to find it there.

OK, I'll try a deeper look...

(I see there's a giant pile of modules to do with dates and times, but I can't make much sense out of them - and in at least one place, the

The trouble is that time processing can be complicated if you want to
pay attention to leap seconds/ years etc. leap seconds can't be known in
advance etc.

I don't care about leap seconds - and neither does the hardware clock on the server that generates these logs. ;-) I just want to find out how long each step took...

documentation on the Haskell website doesn't actually match what's installed on my computer!)
That's why I'm reading the source all the time ;)

Oh... goodie...