Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

Writing documentation for libraries is one way in which ordinary Haskell users can really contribute to the Haskell community. It’s not hard to do (grab the Darcs repo, type away), and it’s widely appreciated.

People often don’t feel “qualified” do to this, but documentation written by an intelligent but “unqualified” person (perhaps including “not sure what happens here”) is a lot more useful than no documentation at all. Yes I know that misleading documentation can be a Bad Thing but I think lack of documentation is a much bigger problem than misleading documentation, as of today.

Simon

How exactly do I get started?

(Obviously I can't write the documentation for the monad transformers - I don't know how they work yet! But I could have a go at splicing all the Parsec goodness into the Haddoc pages...)