This is probably a HaskellDB or hs-plugins problem. DBDirect uses hs- plugins to load driver modules, and I believe hs-plugins has undergone some changes to work with GHC 6.6.1, which DBDirect might not take into account. I don't use the DBDirect executable myself, since it tends to run into this sort of problems. Instead I write a small wrapper program around the DBDirect API that uses the driver I'm interested in at the moment.

If you want to try to fix it, see driver-dynamic/Database/HaskellDB/ DynConnect.hs. My guess is that the loadPackageFunction function there doesn't work with the current hs-plugins.

/Björn