Hellow Bulat,

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 23:20:44 +0900, Eric Kow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Please try the darcs version
>> >   darcs get http://darcs.haskell.org/wxhaskell
>>
>> thanks. should i follow building instructions from homepage/ directory
>> or there are another one?
>
> I don't remember if this is documented anywhere, sadly:
>
> It's
>
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> make wx
> make wx-install

This instruction isn't perfect when you want to build on Windows
with Visual Studio.

You must add --with-msc option to ./configure command,
if you want to use Visual Studio's dll.

http://wxhaskell.sourceforge.net/building-msc.html

If you want to use GLCanvas or ODBC support, you must modify
wxWidgets' include\wx\msw\setup.h file to enable Option.
To use GLCanvas, we must set "#define wxUSE_GLCANVAS       1"
ODBC support is simillar,

And ODBC support isn't work with Unicode support.
wxWidgets 2.4.2 doesn't support ODBC with Unicode. I think 2.6.4 or
greater can use ODBC support with Unicode. But I can't where is
bug now.

wxWidgets 2.4.2's project file is broken. I point out and attched patch
for this problem in previous mail, so you can build that with patch.

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2007-July/029438.html

I think wxc-2.6.3 project file depends on wxSTC.
So you must build wxSTC before building wxc on Windows,
if you want to build wxc with wxWidgets 2.6.3, or modifying
wxc-2.6.3 to support greater version (e.g. wxWidgets 2.6.4).

This problem comes from merging wxStyledTextCntrl support.
If we want to avoid it, we must add building option with STC support
or not in project file, or add wxc-withSTC-* project file.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=d80c8a540701110913h3e28284aua137ef299f259ff6%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=wxhaskell-users

Best Regards,

--
shelarcy <shelarcy    hotmail.co.jp>