I'm trying to compile regex-posix on ghc 6.7. (Ultimate goal: happs on
6.7).

First, I patched by changing the cabal file to be compatible with the new
libraries broken out of base. I also had to add HsRegexPosixConfig.h to
include/regex (I just copied it from somewhere else on my hard drive where
I guess it had been put by an earlier regex-posix install, I don't know if
it's compatible here but at least it permitted things to compile further.)

Setup.hs build -v3 had a lot of warnigs but didn't seem to fail. However,
Setup.hs install -v3 didn't work.

the problem in build seems to occur around "upsweep partially failed or
main not exported"...

[6 of 6] Compiling Text.Regex.Posix ( Text/Regex/Posix.hs,
dist/build/Text/Regex/Posix.o )
*** Parser:
*** Renamer/typechecker:

Text/Regex/Posix.hs:57:2:
    Warning: The export item `module Text.Regex.Posix.String' exports
nothing

Text/Regex/Posix.hs:59:2:
    Warning: The export item `module Text.Regex.Posix.Sequence' exports
nothing

Text/Regex/Posix.hs:61:2:
    Warning: The export item `module Text.Regex.Posix.ByteString' exports
nothing

Text/Regex/Posix.hs:63:2:
    Warning: The export item `module Text.Regex.Posix.ByteString.Lazy'
exports nothing
*** Deleting temp files:
Deleting: /tmp/ghc9618_0/ghc9618_0.s
Warning: deleting non-existent /tmp/ghc9618_0/ghc9618_0.s
Upsweep partially successful.
*** Deleting temp files:
Deleting:
link(batch): upsweep (partially) failed OR
   Main.main not exported; not linking.
*** Deleting temp files:
Deleting:
*** Deleting temp dirs:
Deleting: /tmp/ghc9618_0

complete output (along with patch) is attached.

I'd appreciate any advice.

best, thomas.

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.
{
addfile ./include/regex/HsRegexPosixConfig.h
hunk ./include/regex/HsRegexPosixConfig.h 1
+/* include/HsRegexPosixConfig.h.  Generated by configure.  */
+/* include/HsRegexPosixConfig.h.in.  Generated from configure.ac by
autoheader.  */
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <inttypes.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_INTTYPES_H 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <memory.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_MEMORY_H 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have a POSIX regex library installed */
+#define HAVE_POSIX_REGEX 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the `regcomp' function. */
+#define HAVE_REGCOMP 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <regex.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_REGEX_H 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <stdint.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_STDINT_H 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <stdlib.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <strings.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_STRINGS_H 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <string.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_STRING_H 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <sys/stat.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_SYS_STAT_H 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <sys/types.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H 1
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the <unistd.h> header file. */
+#define HAVE_UNISTD_H 1
+
+/* Define to the address where bug reports for this package should be sent. */
+#define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
+
+/* Define to the full name of this package. */
+#define PACKAGE_NAME "Haskell regex-posix package"
+
+/* Define to the full name and version of this package. */
+#define PACKAGE_STRING "Haskell regex-posix package 0.71"
+
+/* Define to the one symbol short name of this package. */
+#define PACKAGE_TARNAME "regex-posix"
+
+/* Define to the version of this package. */
+#define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.71"
+
+/* Define to 1 if you have the ANSI C header files. */
+#define STDC_HEADERS 1
hunk ./regex-posix.cabal 16
-Build-Depends:          regex-base >= 0.80, base >= 2.0
+Build-Depends:          regex-base >= 0.80, base >= 2.0, array, containers,
bytestring
hunk ./regex-posix.cabal 43
-Include-Dirs:           include
+Include-Dirs:           include/regex