In the latest happs (darcs pulled, updated head is 0.9.1 iirc), I am
experimenting with the example file in src/HAppS/Examples/HTTP1.hs.

I would like to combine state with io. Eventually io will mean stuff like
reading from a database, but for now I'm just reading a file.

The example file HTTP1.hs has an example that demonstrates state with
macid.

I added an example that allows you to execute arbitrary io.

I tried, but was unable to, add a handler that combines state and io.

             ,  h ["iohandler"]    GET $ ioReadFileHandler
             ,  h ["statehandler"] GET $ stateHandler
             --,  h ["ioandstatehandler"] GET $ ioAndStateHandler

-- displays contents of HAPPS.hs in current directory
ioReadFileHandler = iohandler $ readFile "./HAppS.hs"

-- displays incremented state counter
stateHandler = ok $ \() () ->
                   modify (+(1::Int)) >> get >>= respond . show

-- should combine effect of iohandler with statehandler
-- specifically, should display contents of HAppS.hs, and under that an
incremented state handler
-- is this possible
ioAndStateHandler = undefined undefined

Is mixing state and io possible with HAppS? If so, an example showing how
to do it would be extremely helpful.

best, thomas.

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.