On Nov 5, 2007, at 15:46 , Andrew Coppin wrote:

You can spark a thread for each computation of fn, like such:

writeArray framebuffer p `parApp` fn p
where
  parApp f x = x `par` f x

Hmm, that may be a little *too* fine-grained. (But then, just because I spark 175,862 threads doesn't mean it will actually *run* that many at once, right?) I guess I'll try it and see...

As I understand it, the GHC "spark" implementation is specifically designed to support the case of making lots of sparks and letting the runtime schedule them to threads.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]