On 28 Dec 2007, at 3:13 PM, Ben Franksen wrote:

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
Hello Yitzchak,
In particular,
two functions are equal only if they produce
the same value for every input, and in general it is
impossible for a computer to check that.

"for a computer" is superfluous here. people are not smarter than
computers and can't do anything that's impossible for computers

I don't think my computer can be sorry, but I know I can be.

And don't forget that there are 'undecidable' problems.

Which I have never yet seen decided by a person...

jcc