On 6 Jan 2008, at 4:00 PM, Aaron Denney wrote:

On 2008-01-06, Jonathan Cast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To wit, I do not believe the term `declarative' has any single
referent, even in the sense that the term `functional' has any single
referent. I find the only similarity between Haskell and Prolog to be
that neither is imperative.

Have you tried comparing Prolog to GHC's multiparameter type-classes?

Well, they both express relations, they both stand in opposition to more basically functional approaches, and they are interpreted at entirely different points in the program's lifetime.

So I guess you could find lots of points of comparison. Similarity? I'm still not convinced.

jcc