Hi

Can whoever picks this up please try the sort code from Yhc in their
comparisons. In my benchmarks it ran up to twice as fast as the GHC
code. http://darcs.haskell.org/yhc/src/packages/yhc-base-1.0/Data/List.hs

I think what we really need is first quickCheck and timing framework
for measuring sorts. After we have decided what makes one sort
faster/better than another, then is the time to start deciding what
sort is the best one. Ian did some initial work on this:
http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/glasgow-haskell-users/2002-May/003376.html

Until the sort-check package is uploaded to hackage I think most
people will find it hard to be convinced of one sort over another.

Thanks

Neil