Ashley Yakeley wrote:
"GADT" rhymes with "cat". The "d" is silent, like the Danish "godt", or the German "Stadt", or the American trademark "Bundt".

As long as you don't pronounce it like "gat" in Dutch and Afrikaans, which literally means "hole", but also has a vulgar sense which means anus or ass/arse:

  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gat

Those who believe that GADTs are unnecessary might appreciate the guttural pronunciation of "gat": which is something like "chut" where the "ch" is similar to that in "loch", and for good measure, it rhymes with "slut" (at least in Afrikaans). It lends itself well to being uttered contemptuously.

Since this thread seems to indicate that the pronunciation of GADT is up for grabs, I propose "gaddit", as in "it's a gaddit, geddit?" or "I prefer to rely on mipticks[*] and fundeps rather than gaddits".

Anton

[*] Don't tell me that one's not settled yet, either!