On Apr 12, 2008, at 13:33 , Thomas van Noort wrote:
On 12/04/2008, Thomas van Noort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

That's a good question. Unfortunately, only Haskell98 types are
currently
 supported by the Generic Haskell compiler.

I thought constrained types were Haskell 98, but now I'm in doubt...

language. Generic Haskell is fully reflexive with respect to the types
that are definable in Haskell 98, except for constraints in data-type
definitions. So a data type of the form

data Eq a => Set a = NilSet | ConsSet a (Set a)

is not dealt with correctly. However, constrained data types are a corner
case in Haskell and can easily be simulated using other means.

I was under the impression "corner case" here means that H98 lets you write it but doesn't handle it very sanely (a GHC-specific extension being needed to achieve that).

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]