On 2008 May 10, at 20:41, Philip Weaver wrote:

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 3:10 PM, PR Stanley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Um, I was encountering and recognizing times when I really needed an
out-of-band "null", and the pain of representing such in C, shortly
after I started serious programming in C (call it 1984-5).  Is this
really difficult?

      Paul: Hmm, I'm not quite sure what you're driving at.

Me neither.

Null pointers, EOF markers, didn't find specified key in some tree, etc.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]