On 2008 May 15, at 3:03, Yitzchak Gale wrote:

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
Adjacent different scripts in general is probably a reasonable token
discriminator.  A "token" combining LTR and RTL, for example, is just
confusing.

So you would like to ban identifiers that contain both
letters and digits for those who happen to speak languages
whose letters are RTL? I must protest.

Mmmm, more specification needed.  Add "letter" to the constraint.

(compressing messages)
As to your assertion of discrimination against Greek: my point was that mathematical notation *already* discriminates against speakers of Greek by appropriating their alphabet for its own purposes, so if you want to enable a mathematical-notation language mode it's already difficult to support a Greek localization. (I do wonder how modern Greek mathematicians deal with this....)

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]