On May 20, 2008, at 16:13 , Don Stewart wrote:

bulat.ziganshin:
Hello Andrew,

Tuesday, May 20, 2008, 11:05:52 PM, you wrote:

-funbox-strict-fields.

I did try that, but it didn't seem to make any difference for me. [Maybe

jhc automatically unboxes strict fields of primitive datatypes, which
is guaranteed to provide only positive effects. may be somesay the
same will be added to ghc

I'm confused. GHC of course unboxes strict fields of primitive data types.

    {-# OPTIONS -O2 -fvia-C -optc-O2 -funbox-strict-fields #-}

I think "automatically" means "without -funbox-strict-fields"....

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]