Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

- what you get is a reference to a variable (as you do in Scheme)
  but loop variables really are variables, not names for values,
  so lambdas created in different iterations of the same loop point
  so the same loop variable, and do not remember the value it had
  when they were created.  The proposal explains how to work around this.

This one trips everyone up in Javascript.

I think I'm of the opinion that variable capture from lambda formation should always be by value. However you can certainly make an argument that that's inconsistent in a language which generally has mutation/reference semantics. Whichever choice you make, though, document it loudly I predict it will be a source of confusion.

Jules