"rlwrap" adds readline support to everything.

On 7 Jul 2008, at 16:17, Chris Eidhof wrote:

Hey all,

When compiling GHC 6.8.3 on OS X, I ended up with a GHCi without readline support. That makes interacting quite hard, especially because the Backspace-key didn't even work. With some help on irc from Baughn and by reading a blog post from Paul Brown, I managed to get readline working after all.

After installing readline from fink, I had to pass the following options to configure:

./configure --with-readline-includes=/sw/include/readline --with- readline-libraries=/sw/lib

After that make and sudo make install worked just fine, and I had readline again! I wrote this down in case anybody else has had the same problems.

-chris