On 24 Aug 2008, at 05:04, Albert Y. C. Lai wrote:

"Dear friends, Haskell prevents more errors and earlier." This is honest, relevant, good advocacy.

"Dear friends, segfaults are type errors, not logical errors." Why would you indulge in this? It's even less relevant than bikeshed colours.

Is it? when I write C I spend a lot of my time sat in gdb trying to figure out where the error that the Haskell type system would have caught for me is. This is *very* relevant, it's right at the bottom line of whether I'm more productive in Haskell or in C.

Bob