Hi,

I'm a slight Haskell newbie, but I'm trying to write a terminal-like application that accepts simple commands with optional arguments, and can then execute them. Most of these commands will need IO, as later I will want to communicate over USB for most of them.

I was hoping, though, that I could get some comments on the initial architecture I've been playing with [1].

I suspect I should be using some sort of monad to represent the commands, but I don't fully understand monads, and am not sure how it would apply in this context.

Should I be using a monad here, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Wheeler

[1] http://media.nokrev.com/junk/cli/