I had a proof of concept lying around a couple of years ago in which a big complicated Ada program called a big complicated Haskell program and vice versa. The tricky bit from memory was making it link, and satisfying their rumtime initialisation requirements. No explicit C was required I think.

Fraser
On 11 nov 2008, at 18:09, Colin Paul Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Jake" == Jake Mcarthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

   Jake> Actually, that's not the whole story. I didn't realize until
   Jake> I sent it. There does exist good documentation for this, I
   Jake> promise.

Good. Let me know where it is when you track it down.

The link you pointed me too doesn't seem to address my question
directly. Also, it only talks about C.

If I want to call Haskell (and I do, perhaps) from another
garbage-collected language (Eiffel, in particular) using C as the
mutually understood language, am I not going to run into big problems?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire