On 2008 Dec 19, at 4:13, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
When accurate names for Haskell concepts already exist we should use
them (as we have tried in the past).  There has been too much
invention of misleading terminology in computing already.  If some
people can't handle things having the right names, well, maybe they
should try another language.  (What would happen if we used the new
name principle, e.g., in cooking?  "Oh, cinnamon is a difficult name,
I'll call it tangy spice instead.")

Cinnamon's already got an accuracy problem anyway: what most people in the US call cinnamon is actually cassia.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu