Hi Brent,

I want to congratulate you on your article! An excellent piece of work which should be compulsory reading for all serious haskell programmers :)

My one suggestion would be that you expand on some of the examples; for example, in the monoid section, you refer to various cool applications of Monoid, but do not include them in the paper. Dedicated readers might follow up on your (rather long!) references list, but many will not, and it is a shame if they miss the elegance that Monoid permits. I think that if you would inline some of these examples, the article would be even better :)

Thanks for writing it!

Edsko