I use this configuration exclusively... it wasn't actually that hard to set up once I found out that the .pc files are shipped in a strange directory buried in the frameworks.

I posted how I got it working back in December:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=3E883695-30D3-4CBE-AD14-B08C24D343EF%40z.odi.ac

-Ross