On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:

Hello Sebastian,

i think we should make 2-stage voting, like in F1

after 1st stage we will know which logos are most popular and
therefore are real candidates, so we can select among them

Sounds reasonable, although I thought that those advanced voting systems are also intended for avoiding multiple elections. Then again, if both elections lead to the same ranking at the top, and especially yield the same top candidate, then this proves the soundness of the method. On the other hand, a dictatorship would also satisfy this property. Yes, I know, there was a Nobel Prize about that ...