John Van Enk wrote:
 > Haskell not having 'polymorphic kinds'.
Is there a good description of why Haskell doesn't have polymorphic kinds?

IANA expert but polymorphic kinds belong to a set of reasonably new influences (e.g. from dependently typed programming languages and generic programming) and they haven't been 1) polished enough to be a widely accepted standard or 2) simply haven't been implemented yet (low priority, etc).

Besides that, I sometimes see polymorphic kinds in GHC error messages, so I suspect that at least parts of GHC already support them.

Martijn.