On 19 Apr 2009, at 00:31, Antoine Latter wrote:

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 4:38 PM, Thomas Davie <tom.da...@gmail.com> wrote:

This looks like the same error I got – see bug report 1 in the bug database – the configure script reports that you have uuagc even if you don't – cabal
install it, reconfigure, and you should be on your way.

Second thing to watch for – it depends on fgl, but this isn't caught by the
configure script.

Apparently a "user" install of uuagc and fgl isn't good enough. Fun to know.

I've found user installs don't work at all on OS X, various people in #haskell were rather surprised to discover this, so apparently it's not the default behavior on other platforms.

It really rather makes "cabal install" rather odd – because it doesn't actually install anything you can use without providing extra options!