On 12 Jun 2009, at 11:15, Deniz Dogan wrote:

2009/6/12 Deniz Dogan <deniz.a.m.do...@gmail.com>:
2009/6/12 Tom Lokhorst <t...@lokhorst.eu>:
There's a SVG version of the logo on the wiki:
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Thompson-Wheeler_logo

I think the biggest problem making the batteries not look like
batteries is that they don't look "round". For that we need some
careful "gradenting" of them, to make the bottoms of them look
shadowed.

--
Deniz Dogan

Attached is a new version of the same idea with a slight gradient on
the batteries and a slightly thicker font for the signs.

With various people's ideas taken into account, I've created a new version of my attempt:

http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/rpg/tatd2/logo-1.png
http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/people/rpg/tatd2/logo-1.svg

I think the yellow/black is easily enough to highlight it as a battery, and saves adding gradients etc, that can become awkward if the logo is ever used in printing.

Bob