Hi

>> I would use hoogle for this. Currently it stores the package name and
>> the symbols of the modules about a package.
>
> What do you think about hayoo?  I prefer this to hoogle, as hayoo has
> more complete database across hackage packages, AFAIK

Hayoo gets it package database out of haddock with text hackery - try
things like data Foo = Bar {a, b :: Foo}, it's not nearly complete.
Hoogle on the other hand directly examines bits and produces an
accurate index. That's also one of the reasons Hoogle is a bit behind
Hayoo, it has to do more to get the full package information out. One
day Hoogle will match Hayoo and index all packages.

Thanks

Neil