On 02/09/2009, at 8:09 PM, Pavel Perikov wrote:

Is it possible? Is it possible with binary distribution?

My understanding:

It was possible with ghc 6.8. It's not with 6.10. Duncan's managed to get it going at some point on Linux (I assume) with GHC HEAD (http://blog.well-typed.com/2009/05/buildings-plugins-as-haskell-shared-libs/ ). I haven't been able to replicate that on either Mac or Linux, but getting HEAD working is always slightly iffy.

It does work with jhc rather nicely, but most libraries don't build with jhc, sadly.

If anyone's got it going, I'd be really keen to know.

mark