Jeremy O'Donoghue wrote:
Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying update the revisions of wx (part of
wxHaskell) on hackage.

I'm getting an error I find slightly surprising:
Library
    if flag(splitBase)
        build-depends: base >= 3, wxcore >= 0.12.1.1, stm
Change this last line to base >= 3 && < 5 to get rid of the warning. I think the idea is that if base becomes version 5, it will likely break your code, so you should specify ahead of time that this library isn't currently designed to work with a version of base beyond 4. That way when someone installs your package in the future and you haven't tested with base 5, cabal will know to use base 4 for your library.

Thanks,

Neil.