On Dec 22, 2009, at 9:33 AM, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:

On Dec 22, 2009, at 10:39 , Aaron Tomb wrote:
On Dec 21, 2009, at 5:03 PM, Thomas Schilling wrote:
It's probably just the search path ordering, no? I.e., if you add something on the command line or in .cabal/config it gets added to the beginning of the search path. Then again, there are cases where you'd want the macports version and others where you'd want the default version.

Yes, it's almost certainly just the search path ordering. The problem is to get GHC to use the correct ordering. I've tried exporting

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:/opt/local/lib

On OSX you want DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Ah, right you are. For the record, though, setting DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't help, either.

Aaron