Hello,

I have attached a new version that should work with GHC 6.10, though I have
not tested it.

The older Data.Data uses mkNorepType instead of mkNoRepType. I just changed
the patch to use the older spelling. In GHC >= 6.12 this will issue a
warning that the old spelling has been deprecated. This seems like a
reasonable fix as long as text drops support for GHC 6.10 before mkNorepType
is completely removed from Data.Data (which may never happen?):

Here is the bug:

Also, this patch still won't work with GHC < 6.10, is that ok?

I also noticed in the containers package, there are #ifdefs around the Data
instances:

#if __GLASGOW_HASKELL__
#endif

Should I add that as well? Or is text only supported under GHC anyway?

- jeremy