On Feb 24, 2010, at 12:25 , Bardur Arantsson wrote:
It's a huge amount of data since it's streaming ~900Kb/s (or thereabouts). I don't think it's really practical to look through all that to try to figure out exactly when the problem occurs.

Given what we're looking for, I think you can ignore normal packets:

        tcpdump 'host ps3 and tcp[tcpflags] & 0x27 != 0'

(substitute the hostname of your PS3; you may need to escape the ! depending on your shell)

This (flags = SYN, FIN, RST; URG thrown in for the heck of it) should omit all data packets from the capture.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allb...@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allb...@ece.cmu.edu