We all seem to understand that there are a complex of issues surrounding the
HTML and XHTML dialects, doc types, MIME Types, and file extensions. It is a
tangle of intentions and compatibility issues, and one where experts and
standards writers admit to practical compromises, which at times are even
contradictory.

The choice to generate Haddock output as XHTML 1.0 Transitional and Frames,
stored into files with an extension of .html, and that would likely be served
as text/html, was mine and I did so with review of current best practices. The
output Haddock now generates renders correctly and consistently in all browses
in use by the Haskell community (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE 6, IE 7,
and IE 8), the Javascript is handled properly, and with one minor exception[1]
it validates as served by the W3C.

The main aim of the work was achieved: Being able to restyle the output with
clear, "semantic" CSS, and do so in a way that works in all browsers, and all
serving environments. If there is a particular issue that is causing the
documentation generated to not be usable, please let me know.

        - Mark

[1] John Milliken caught that anchor identifiers for groups didn't validate,
though they did work in every browser. The fix is already coded and pushed to
the development repo. The sample pages on my site updated. You can check the
validation with:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ozonehouse.com%2Fmark%2Fsnap-xhtml%2Fcontainers%2FData-Map.html

This fix isn't crucial, and so I've recommended that we not produce a Haddock