Michael Litchard wrote:
I'll be starting a new job soon as systems tool guy. The shop is a
perl shop as far as internal automation tasks go. But I am fortunate
to not be working with bigots. If they see a better way, they'll take
to it. So please give me your best arguments in favor of using haskell
for task automation instead of perl, or awk or any of those scripting
lanugages

Rather than "how can I convince them to use Haskell for everything?", how about just convincing them to use it on a case-by-case basis. It's plausible there are scenarios where Haskell is *not* the best thing to use. And if you just tirelessly "evangelize" Haskell, them one has to wonder who's the bigot. ;-)

(That said, I really hate Perl...)