On 9/6/10 11:46 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
Well, my current work is to implement restricted versions of the
various type classes (I'm undecided if they should be split off into a
separate package or not) and then have the Data.Containers module
basically define type aliases (which will probably still use Monoid
though, since the vast majority of containers are able to be empty).
[...]
Hmmm, splitting up Monoid might make sense.  I'll have a think about
that (I was going to just keep Monoid as is since no constraints are
needed.

Bear in mind that splitting up Monoid also means you can define a(n additive) Semigroup class for non-nullable types. I think that's a step in the right direction since it lets you include common 'exotic' collections like non-empty lists.

--
Live well,
~wren