You can use Djinn to generate the glue.  Note that in the example you
give there are many possible ways to make the glue just looking at the
types.
Changing the output types of f so they can't be confused with the
input types we get:

Djinn> ? compose :: (c1 -> a1 -> d) -> (a-> b -> c -> (b1,c1,a1)) ->
compose :: (c1 -> a1 -> d) -> (a -> b -> c -> (b1, c1, a1)) -> a -> b -> c -> d
compose a b c d e =
          case b c d e of
          (_, f, g) -> a f g

  -- Lennart