On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 04:27, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<ivan.miljeno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe this could be integrated with language-sh [1] to get parsing
> support as well?
>
> [1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/language-sh

  It's hard to say without testing it; but anything labeled Sh
  probably won't parse real Bash very well.

  Would parsing a subset be enough? There are certain kinds of
  unescaped variable references that I don't plan to support in
  the Syntax; so there'd be nothing to parse them in to. Maybe I
  will have to rethink this part; I considered a

    Quoted (Expression t)

  constructor for Expression. A real parser should probably
  preserve comments, too.

  It is normal to include parsers in Language.Something modules;
  in this particular case, I assumed Bash analysis would not be
  used much. If you are interested in a way to wrap Bash you
  pull out of a file into a script you construct with the
  Syntax, you might try the Language.Bash.Annotations.Lines
  datatype.

--
Jason Dusek
Linux User #510144 | http://counter.li.org/