08.07.2011 10:08, Heinrich Apfelmus пишет:
Dear Haskellers,

Can GUI programming be liberated from the IO monad? Functional Reactive
Programming (FRP) promises as much, and I'm trying to make this dream a reality
with my [reactive-banana][] library. Having released version 0.4.0.0, I am now
looking for example programs to direct the future evolution of the library.

Do you know any *small GUI programs* that you would *like* to see *implemented
with Functional Reactive Programming?*

I'm sure that some of you

* are interested in FRP and would like to learn from a few simple but beautiful
examples
* or have written small GUI programs that they are unhappy with because they
were not purely functional
* or have thought about FRP before and concocted a few examples that are very
tricky to implement with FRP
* or have written a nice little GUI application that simply makes a great
example.

I would love to hear your examples, so that I can try to convert them to FRP
style and test my library against them!

Strictly speaking, it doesn't have to be an example with a graphical interface,
I'm also interested in audio and animation examples, though I'm currently
focusing on GUIs.

Maybe realize on FRP one of following bored examples:

CRUD table: create, update, delete records in table (for example Person
records), with validating user input, auto-calculated fields (current age by
birth date), totals by column, filtering. I think same GUI tasks get solved
many GUI developers in imperative style. I hope solution of such day-tasks in
FRP will be elegant

Simple GUI designer (uml-diagrams or reports): very intresting to see FRP
approach (events on custom drawing elements, inplace modification of elements)

Best regards,
Dmitriy