On 11/22/2011 05:22 AM, Jeremy Shaw wrote:
I think the artwork is nice, but I am not sure that a lamb is an
appropriate mascot for Haskell.
<snip>
I disagree as well. I think you're looking too much into what a mascot should means; looking at others mascot, linux's tux, freebsd's demon, go lang's thingie, perl (and ocaml)'s camel, java's duke (huh?), ..., do you think that any of them subscribe to your description of what a mascot should be ?

I think cute is good enough, and heathmatlock's lamb da, a good and simple name with a funny pun, definitely made me smile, and hope that's something i see on haskell tshirts soon ;-)

(And as a side note, i think the honey badger looks like a brute animal, not an elegant and beautiful animal.)

--
Vincent