On 10/04/12 07:28, Karel Gardas wrote:
On 04/ 9/12 01:03 AM, Francesco Mazzoli wrote:
No, it is not possible to build GHC without GHC. Building GHC on ARM is
going to be extremely tricky (I'm not sure anyone has ever done it).

It's not that tricky at the end. Just install LLVM 3.0 and some OS
supplied unregisterised GHC. Grab 7.4.1. sources and attempt to compile.
This should produce even registerised build for you as a result of
project initiated last summer by Stephen Blackheath. If you are curious
about its history read some posts on http://ghcarm.wordpress.com/

Cheers,
Karel

Oh, I didn't notice that 7.4.1 shipped with this! Great stuff.

Francesco.