Hi there,

I am behind a firewall with strict rules about downloading software from
the internet,

so I would like to know if it is possible to download an entire stackage
LTS snapshot

in one go and then serve it on a local server, to which we could then point
the stack tool.

By "snapshot" I would be referring to the source code for all packages
because

we'd need to draw from that local server to build on both Linux and Windows.

For example, perhaps we'd be able to go to a server within the firewall and
run

"stack new", then edit the yaml file to point it to a local stackage server
with given

resolver number, then it would just behave normally from then on, except
always

downloading packages from the local server.

What about compilers? I know that stack also downloads the compilers, so I
guess

those would have to be included in the downloaded snapshot-package for
various

platforms?

Any guidance would be appreciated, because we will not be able to make use
of

stack/stackage without something like this!

Thank you

David