Note that stack.yaml is used by stack and ignored by cabal-install, while
cabal.config is used by cabal-install and ignored by stack. The only reason
to have both in your project is if you are accommodating both stack and
cabal-install for building your project from the source repository. If you
are only using stack to build your project, then you can safely delete the
cabal.config.

-- Dan Burton