Simon and John,

In practice, when do you want an interface other than the automatically
generated one?  In practice, except in the case of mutual recursive
modules, do you ever need to modify an interface in order to get a program
to do what you want?  In theory, to what extent can the information in an
interface file differ from what a compiler would generate?  Do you look at
an interface file while writing a module that uses the interface?

I have only recently realized that I am not really clear on the purpose of
interface files!  Am I the only one on the committee who is a bit confused?

Warren