Is there a way in Gofer to perform output redirection?  For example, in a
version of Miranda I used to work with, one could type a command of the form

     exp &> file

which would send the value of expression to a file (background process).  In
this case, both the standard output and the standard error output of the
process is redirected to 'file' (where 'file' is a pathname).  If two (blank
separated) pathnames are given after the '&>', standard output would be
redirected to the first file and standard error to the second.  Thus:

     exp &> outfil errfil

I am new to Gofer, and have not yet found a mention of anything that
resembles this capability.  Such a feature was handy in Miranda for easily
and quickly doing things with text files.  I am currently using the Gofer
Version 2.30a interpreter on a UNIX System V Release 4.0 system.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Richard E. Adams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]