> rigid and I belong to the small legion of amateurs who implemented their
> own math. domain system, Rings, Fields, Modules, etc. This apparently
> has no chance to be included into the Haskell standard, nobody cares.

Standards develop because people who care about particular aspects
of them push them forward.  It is not true that nobody cares.  It may well
be true that nobody has time to make a well-documeted and well-implemented
library.  You could change that.  [I mean you plural; readers of this list.]

To be specific, why don't you package it all up as a documented Haskell
library? We'd be happy to distribute it along with GHC, and I bet the
Hugs team would too.

After a while, if people liked it, it would become so popular it
would become part of the standard.

I'm serious.  We are busily developing libraries shared between GHC
and Hugs that aren't part of the official standard, but are at least
common between our two impls, and available to all other impls too.
        ftp://haskell.org/pub/reid/libs980219/libs.html

Send us your code!

Simon